In-Store Bakery Merchandiser (Southern NJ, Philadelphia, Delaware and Maryland)
As a member of the In-Store Bake team you will be responsible for consulting with our ShopRite Members, store management and retail staff with regard to the operations and recommended methods of baking and merchandising of our In-Store Bake Departments. You will also be charged with the implementation and successful execution of all resets, remodels, new store setups and openings. Additionally, you will counsel our stores with regard to departmental sales, gross profit, shrink, product quality, training and customer service. To be considered, candidates must meet the following requirements:
1. Four year college degree or currently enrolled with a minimum of 60 or more college credits towards a bachelors degree strongly preferred.
2. Minimum 3-5 years retail bakery management or supervisory experience in supermarket bakery operations and merchandising with an emphasis on technical training and the preparation of action plans to improve business results.
3. Strong technical, analytical, leadership, customer service and P.C. skills as demonstrated by previous work experience.
4. Excellent verbal and written communication skills, bilingual preferred.
5. The ability to display and teach Customer Service Excellence at store level.
6. Understanding of baking methodologies, including formulation of recipes.
7. Extensive production equipment knowledge and department design skills.
8. Knowledge of retail store operations related to sales, gross profit, labor requirements and retail merchandising.
9. Flexibility with regard to travel (overnight stays required).
If you have interest in this job opportunity, email your resume to SPrecruiter@wakefern.com and put Bakery Merchandiser Position in the subject line. If you have any questions regarding this opportunity, feel free to contact (732) 512-6780.
Part Time Call Center Representative
Wakefern Food Corp. (Raritan Center, Edison, NJ) is recruiting candidates to join the ShopRite Customer Care Team as Part Time Call Center Representatives.
Candidates must be able to demonstrate excellent customer service and computer skills, strong written and verbal communications, and thrive in a fast paced work environment.
Responsibilities include responding to an average of 50 customer phone calls per work shift. Entering data into a customer contact/record system. Researching product/promotional information in order to respond to customer inquires.
Satisfactory settlement of customer complaints and previous Call Center experience is highly desired.
We offer flexible work schedules; candidates must be available some nights until 8:00PM and weekends until 5:00PM 20-25 hours per week. Compensation is $14-16 per hour based upon past work history.
Send Resume and contact information to: firstname.lastname@example.org
As a member of the Produce/Floral team, the Produce Merchandiser will serve as a key liaison between Wakefern and ShopRite members, store Management and staff. He or she will be responsible for the coordination, direction and implementation of Produce Merchandise at retail locations.
This individual will maintain a leadership role at retail locations by assisting staff in the implementation of merchandising initiatives, and the utilization of reporting systems to monitor sales and trends by store and trading area.
The primary focus for this position will be to provide the highest caliber of wholesale and merchandising support, assure optimum technical expertise and establish innovative merchandising strategies within all stores.
To be considered a candidate an associate must meet the following minimum qualifications:
- Four year college degree or currently enrolled with a minimum of 60 or more college credits towards a bachelors degree preferred.
- Minimum of 3-5 years Retail, Merchandising and/or Procurement experience preferred.
- Exceptional written and oral communication, customer service, analytical and problem solving skills.
- Knowledge of Produce information relating to sales, product mix and gross profit.
- Ability to communicate and interact with Produce Category Managers and Retail Management.
- Valid Drivers License coupled with the ability to travel with overnight stays.
We offer a highly competitive salary. Please send your resume with salary history to: email@example.com and be sure to include “Produce Merchandiser” in the subject line.
We regret only those being considered will be contacted.
Occupational Safety & Health Supervisor
This position will be responsible for assisting Safety and Loss Prevention Associates in developing and implementing injury reduction programs at Wakefern wholesale locations. These program elements include but are not limited to safety training, policy compliance and tracking, safety and health program management and injury reporting analysis.
As the Occupational Safety & Health Supervisor, this position will perform task-specific job safety analyses for work performed in the facility, review corporate safety programs to evaluate their effectiveness and ensure implementation and assist in the investigation of accidents. Responsibilities also include determining causative factors to prevent recurrence and conducting health & safety audits of work environment and activities to identify unsafe conditions and processes that may exist.
To be considered a candidate an associate must meet the following minimum requirements:
- Bachelors Degree in Science is required; Health/Safety or related Science is strongly preferred.
- Must possess 3-5 years experience in occupational safety and health, preferably in private sector.
- Demonstrate knowledge of all relevant safety, environmental health regulations and industry standards, as well as best practices.
- Demonstrate knowledge of principles and methods for curriculum & training design, teaching and instruction for individuals & groups, as well as the measurement of training effectiveness.
- Strong analytical, leadership, teamwork and customer service skills as demonstrated by previous work experience.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in addition to management skills; ability to prioritize and delegate tasks, negotiate and present.
- Ability to multi-task with strong attention to detail.
- Solid PC skills in MS Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Flexibility with regard to travel (possible overnight stays required).
We offer a highly competitive salary. Please send your resume with salary history to: firstname.lastname@example.org and be sure to include “Occupational Safety & Health Supervisor” in the subject line.
We regret only those being considered will be contacted.
Wakefern Food Corp. is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to a diverse workforce reflecting the communities we serve.