Job SearchRetail Investigator - Responsible for the following markets: Rochester (NY), Syracuse (NY), Buffalo (NY), and Erie (PA). Want to work for a company you’ll love? Come join us! At Wakefern Food Corp., 26% of our population has been with us for at least 25 years! Why? Because we care about our people and understand that they are our greatest asset. We offer career development & growth opportunities and have been selected as one of NJBIZ magazine's 2011 and 2012 Best Places to Work in New Jersey This position will be responsible for insuring that our ShopRite and Price Rite Stores follow appropriate Loss Prevention policies and procedures. In addition this person will conduct internal investigations/external investigations and support all aspects of store operations. Training courses and the opportunity to pursue certifications in various investigation and interrogation techniques will be offered to the successful candidate. We offer a highly competitive salary and superior company-paid Associate benefits including Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance, Paid Prescriptions, Tuition Reimbursement, Pre-Tax Dependent Spending Account, Wellness Reimbursement, Retirement and 401(k). This position provides a company vehicle. To be considered a candidate an Associate must meet the minimum qualifications of the posting.
- Two-year Associates degree in Criminal Justice or related major required; four-year degree preferred.
- Must have at least 3 years Retail Loss Prevention experience to include internal and external investigations, surveillance, shrink, store operations, etc.
- Valid driver’s license; flexibility and willingness with regard to extensive travel within designated geographic region/market and rotating work schedule including weekends and holidays is mandatory.
- Must be able to demonstrate a high level of customer service and confidentiality as well as an ability to interact with all levels of Wakefern/ShopRite and Price Rite Associates.
- Must possess the ability to identify and analyze crisis situations and react to them in an appropriate manner.
- Well- developed oral and written communication skills
- Previous experience with Safety and OSHA Compliance in a retail environment.
Nutrition Regulatory Specialist -Elizabeth, NJ Want to work for a company you’ll love? Come join us! At Wakefern Food Corp., 26% of our population has been with us for at least 25 years! Why? Because we care about our people and understand that they are our greatest asset. We offer career development & growth opportunities and have been selected as one of NJBIZ magazine's 2011 and 2012 Best Places to Work in New Jersey The Nutrition Regulatory Specialist will report to the Senior Supervisor of Nutrition Regulatory and Private Label in the Quality Assurance Division. The Nutrition Regulatory Specialist will be responsible for assisting in multiple day-to-day functions, including private label packaging reviews, private label supplier management system maintenance, the implementation of changes to the nutrition facts panel and menu labeling implementation and maintenance. They will also be responsible for providing guidance on new food regulations as they apply to packaged foods and prepared foods. This position will also work in conjunction with the Quality Assurance laboratory to evaluate private label products for claims in compliance with FDA/USDA regulations and internal policies. We offer a highly competitive salary and superior company-paid Associate benefits including Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance, Paid Prescriptions, Tuition Reimbursement, Pre-Tax Dependent Spending Account, Wellness Reimbursement, Retirement and 401(k). To be considered a candidate an Associate must meet the minimum requirements of the job:
- A Bachelor’s degree in Nutrition, Food Science, Chemistry, or closely related field is required.
- Nutrition regulatory experience and/or food industry labeling experience is required.
- Strong understanding of FDA and USDA regulations as it applies to food labels and packaging.
- Knowledgeable in the area of nutrient analysis, product formulations, ingredients, and product claims.
- Ability to research, analyze, and interpret regulatory issues and provide recommendations for resolution.
- Credentialed as Registered Dietitian is a plus.
- Demonstrated ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously.
- Detail oriented and highly self-motivated.
- Ability to be persuasive, assertive while also being collaborative.
- Strong interpersonal, leadership and communication skills both written and verbal.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office with an emphasis on Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Ability to travel when needed.
WAREHOUSE SELECTORS- Breinigsville, PA As a member of our warehouse team, you will be instrumental in selecting products on to pallets for delivery to our ShopRite, PriceRite and Fresh Grocer supermarkets. We are seeking enthusiastic candidates who possess a strong team player spirit. These full time, first-shift positions require weekend availability. In addition, you must be able to lift 60 pounds. We offer competitive wages with yearly increases, an attractive incentive program and excellent benefits upon 6 months of service. A $500 sign on bonus is being offered under specific conditions. To apply for these jobs, please fill out the Pre-Employment Application for Logistics and email it to email@example.com
Inventory Control Admin (Full-time) - Jamesburg, NJ At Wakefern Food Corp., 26% of our population has been with us for at least 25 years! Why? Because we care about our people and understand that they are our greatest asset. We offer career development & growth opportunities and have been selected as one of NJBIZ magazine's 2011 and 2012 Best Places to Work in New Jersey. Want to work for a company you’ll love? Come join us! As a member of the Logistics Division, you will be responsible to perform all Administrative functions including daily cycle counts, inventory adjustments, verifications of receiving, over/short reporting, and maintaining required logs and files. Future job roles may be assigned as business needs dictates. *Split Work Week (Any 5 out of 7) – Work week and days off will be based upon business needs and may not contain traditional Saturday/Sunday off days. Qualifications:
- High School diploma or equivalent required, college degree a plus.
- Must possess analytical, organizational and administrative skills.
- PC literate with demonstrated data entry accuracy.
- Knowledge of Wakefern computer systems a plus.
- Flexibility with regard to working a 5 out of 7 day schedule including; days, shifts, overtime, holidays, and 6th and 7th days.
- Well-developed oral and written communications and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work in a refrigerated environment (-20 to 38 degrees).
- Bi-lingual English/Spanish preferred.
Intermediate Accountant – Jamesburg, NJ At Wakefern Food Corp., we are setting a new standard for success. We are the nation’s largest retailer-owned cooperative, and the wholesale distribution and merchandising arm for ShopRite Supermarkets. As a member of the Transportation Accounting team, you will be responsible all aspects of the Food Haulers employee payroll. This position codes and checks all extra-hires, H&H Produce and perishable, ESF and V-ANN worksheets. The Intermediate Accountant reconciles and processes union dues, pension and welfare payments for Food Haulers and NTS. Additional duties include several journal entries and various payroll reconciliations. To be considered a candidate an Associate must meet the minimum requirements of the job posting:
- Four year college degree required with a concentration in Accounting, Business Administration or Finance preferred. Minimum 12 credits in Accounting.
- Previous experience in payroll processing and managing deadlines is preferred.
- Strong organizational skills, detail oriented, ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously and meet deadlines
- Must have a working knowledge of computers and Microsoft Excel
- Familiarity with PeopleSoft, Kronos, MARS, MSA and QMF a plus
- Professional attitude and excellent team player.
Compensation and Retirement Plan Administrator - Human Resources Division - Edison, NJ The Compensation & Retirement Plan Administrator position at Wakefern Food Corp is part of the greater Human Resources organization. We are looking for an experienced Human Resources professional with demonstrated excellence in the Compensation and Retirement fields. As part of the HR team, the Administrator will be a subject matter expert while also having the opportunity to work across functional boundaries. Job functions will include work that is both task-driven as well as project management. There will be daily interaction with internal clients, Associates, and service partners. Key responsibilities include: Administering the Company’s compensation and retirement benefit programs; and ensuring that applicable programs are competitive within the industry To be considered a candidate an Associate must meet the minimum qualifications of the posting:
- 5-8 years progressive experience in compensation & retirement administration and HRIS systems
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources, Business Administration, or equivalent
- Extensive knowledge of federal laws and regulations regarding compensation, benefit, and retirement plans
- Must be able to work independently showing a strong level of discretion
- Demonstrated excellence in communication, customer service, and presentation skills with the ability to deal tactfully and professionally
- Ability to manage multiple projects and work under deadlines with changing priorities required
- Superior communication skills – must be able to interact with Executive Leadership
- Very strong PC skills, including PeopleSoft, Excel, Access, Word and PowerPoint required
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills required
- Prefer certification/designation in HR, compensation and or benefits management, or equivalent
- Meets requirements or better rating on last two Performance Appraisals (Minimum 2.8)
- Recommendation of immediate Supervisor based on performance in current position.
Part Time Customer Care Representative - Edison, NJ Join our Customer Care Team! We currently have openings for Part Time Customer Care Representatives in our Edison, NJ facility. Candidates must be able to demonstrate excellent customer service and computer skills, strong written and verbal communications, and thrive in a fast-paced work environment. Responsibilities include responding to an average of 50 customer phone calls per work shift, entering data into a customer contact/record system and researching product/promotional information in order to respond to customer inquiries. Satisfactory settlement of customer complaints and previous Call Center experience is highly desired. Bilingual is a plus. We offer flexible work schedules. Candidates must be available some nights until 8:00pm and weekends until 5:00pm 20-24 hours per week. Compensation is $14- $16 per hour based upon past work history. Please email your resume and contact information to: firstname.lastname@example.org and indicate “PT Customer Care Rep” in the subject line of your email. Wakefern Food Corp. is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to a diverse workforce reflecting the communities we serve. We regret that only those being considered will be contacted.