Buyer - In-Store Bake Division
Salary commensurate with experience. As a member of the Procurement team, your responsibilities will include overseeing the ordering and warehouse inventories and cap for dry, frozen, auxiliary and trans-dock ordering. You will be responsible for communicating to the Category Manager on a daily basis the service level, cap maintenance and the day to day inventory status as well as any issues with deliveries, shortages and product integrity. You will be responsible for monitoring the buyers guide for proper GP, SRP’s, costs, descriptions, PO adjustments and potential product shortages or scratches. Your job will also entail the oversight and solutions for maintenance of budgeted turns, long lists, short coded product, and order guides. The buyer will take product recommendations from the Category Manager and Procurement Manager to support Category Gaps, SKU rationalizations and merchandising procedures in support of new programs. As a buyer your responsibilities will include oversight of Holiday Commitment Books (inclusive of product selection, adjusting costs, SRP’s, PO’s , holiday merchandising assortment and movement of shipped to scan post holiday results).
The role of the buyer is to procure items through initial meetings with vendors on pre established buying days based on business needs. New product presentations and Ad Planner sales analysis will be presented to Fresh Bake Committee with product methodologies, placement, suggested SRP’s, GPM, packaging recommendations, shelf life, and projected launch dates.
To be considered a candidate an Associate must meet the minimum qualifications of the posting:
- Four-year college degree required
- Three to four years procurement experience , bakery experience preferred
- An understanding of categories in terms of product mix, penetration, sales and gross profit as well as an understanding of CGO and SI Reduction
- Ability to travel to industry shows and product reviews as determined for development
- Proficiency in Microsoft Windows (Word, Excel, Power Point), Micro- strategies, Ad Management and Rapid
- Ability to develop good relationships with Wakefern Members, and an understanding of the Co-op culture
- Excellent organizational skills and innovative in the development of ideas and procedures
- Excellent verbal/written communications skills and the ability to document processes
- Ability to clearly communicate work flow needs to procurement team, in support of logistical distribution needs.
- Strong multitasking skills, ability to work under pressure and meet aggressive deadlines
- Ability to make formal and informal presentations to Wakefern Staff and Membership
- Ability to identify and analyze established Key Performance Indicators
- Flexibility with regard to hours worked and weekend assignments
Interested candidates should send resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org and put Bakery Buyer in the subject line. Please note that only those candidates being considered for this position will be contacted.
Part Time Call Center Representative
Wakefern Food Corp. (Raritan Center, Edison, NJ) is recruiting candidates to join the ShopRite Customer Care Team as Part Time Call Center Representatives.
Candidates must be able to demonstrate excellent customer service and computer skills, strong written and verbal communications, and thrive in a fast paced work environment.
Responsibilities include responding to an average of 50 customer phone calls per work shift. Entering data into a customer contact/record system. Researching product/promotional information in order to respond to customer inquires.
Satisfactory settlement of customer complaints and previous Call Center experience is highly desired.
We offer flexible work schedules; candidates must be available some nights until 8:00PM and weekends until 5:00PM 20-25 hours per week. Compensation is $14-16 per hour based upon past work history.
Send Resume and contact information to: email@example.com