Job SearchDispatcher (Part-time) - Elizabeth, NJ At Wakefern Food Corp., 26% of our population has been with us for at least 25 years! Why? Because we care about our people and understand that they are our greatest asset. We offer career development & growth opportunities and have been selected as one of NJBIZ magazine's 2011 and 2012 Best Places to Work in New Jersey. Want to work for a company you’ll love? Come join us! As a member of the Transportation Team you will be responsible for dispatching of trailer loads, compiling and maintaining driver logs, ensuring that on-time delivery commitments are met, as well as tracking trailer movement (7 day operation Sunday thru Saturday). *Split Work Week (Any 5 out of 7) – Work week and days off will be based upon business needs and may not contain traditional Saturday/Sunday off days. This is a part-time position. Qualifications:
- Two years of college or equivalent technical experience in Transportation or Distribution preferred.
- Knowledge of and/or familiarity with Transportation and Distribution practices or principles required.
- Working knowledge of Wakefern Management Information Systems required, including Rapid, TMMS, On Board/GPS Systems and DOT regulations.
- Ability to perform multiple functions simultaneously while handling heavy telephone call volume.
- Good organizational skills as demonstrated by previous work experience.
- Flexibility with regard to working hours, weekends, overtime, location and holidays (7 day operation) Sunday thru Saturday.
- Well-developed oral and written communication skills.
- Bilingual English/Spanish preferred.
- Flexibility with regard to shift rotations.
- Willingness to work between the Newark and Elizabeth facilities.
Router (Temp FT) - Elizabeth, NJ At Wakefern Food Corp., 26% of our population has been with us for at least 25 years! Why? Because we care about our people and understand that they are our greatest asset. We offer career development & growth opportunities and have been selected as one of NJBIZ magazine's 2011 and 2012 Best Places to Work in New Jersey. Want to work for a company you’ll love? Come join us! As a member of the Logistics Division, you will be responsible for creating routes that meet our store owner’s needs in the most efficient way possible. To achieve these goals our routed loads must be full, traveled miles kept to a minimum, and minimize tolls and tickets while providing the needed service to our store owners. Our Routers use available technology, including routing software to enhance and speed the routing process. This is a temporary, full-time position. Qualifications:
- High School diploma or equivalent required, two years of college or equivalent technical experience in transportation or distribution preferred.
- Knowledge of the geographic location of all Wakefern retail locations and their relationship to each other as well as the road systems that are usable to access those locations.
- Expert level skills in all aspects of R.A.P.I.D and PC use
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize, and follow up
- Proactive work ethic
- Ability to work effectively and relate to individuals at all levels
- Ability to analyze data and multiple variables and make sound decisions.
- Flexibility to work any 6 out of 7 days including weekends and Holidays.
Retail Investigator - Responsible for the following markets: Rochester (NY), Syracuse (NY), Buffalo (NY), and Erie (PA). Want to work for a company you’ll love? Come join us! At Wakefern Food Corp., 26% of our population has been with us for at least 25 years! Why? Because we care about our people and understand that they are our greatest asset. We offer career development & growth opportunities and have been selected as one of NJBIZ magazine's 2011 and 2012 Best Places to Work in New Jersey This position will be responsible for insuring that our ShopRite and Price Rite Stores follow appropriate Loss Prevention policies and procedures. In addition this person will conduct internal investigations/external investigations and support all aspects of store operations. Training courses and the opportunity to pursue certifications in various investigation and interrogation techniques will be offered to the successful candidate. We offer a highly competitive salary and superior company-paid Associate benefits including Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance, Paid Prescriptions, Tuition Reimbursement, Pre-Tax Dependent Spending Account, Wellness Reimbursement, Retirement and 401(k). This position provides a company vehicle. To be considered a candidate an Associate must meet the minimum qualifications of the posting.
- Two-year Associates degree in Criminal Justice or related major required; four-year degree preferred.
- Must have at least 3 years Retail Loss Prevention experience to include internal and external investigations, surveillance, shrink, store operations, etc.
- Valid driver’s license; flexibility and willingness with regard to extensive travel within designated geographic region/market and rotating work schedule including weekends and holidays is mandatory.
- Must be able to demonstrate a high level of customer service and confidentiality as well as an ability to interact with all levels of Wakefern/ShopRite and Price Rite Associates.
- Must possess the ability to identify and analyze crisis situations and react to them in an appropriate manner.
- Well- developed oral and written communication skills
- Previous experience with Safety and OSHA Compliance in a retail environment.
WAREHOUSE SELECTORS- Breinigsville, PA As a member of our warehouse team, you will be instrumental in selecting products on to pallets for delivery to our ShopRite, PriceRite and Fresh Grocer supermarkets. We are seeking enthusiastic candidates who possess a strong team player spirit. These full time, first-shift positions require weekend availability. In addition, you must be able to lift 60 pounds. We offer competitive wages with yearly increases, an attractive incentive program and excellent benefits upon 6 months of service. A $500 sign on bonus is being offered under specific conditions. To apply for these jobs, please fill out the Pre-Employment Application for Logistics and email it to email@example.com
Compensation and Retirement Plan Administrator - Human Resources Division - Edison, NJ The Compensation & Retirement Plan Administrator position at Wakefern Food Corp is part of the greater Human Resources organization. We are looking for an experienced Human Resources professional with demonstrated excellence in the Compensation and Retirement fields. As part of the HR team, the Administrator will be a subject matter expert while also having the opportunity to work across functional boundaries. Job functions will include work that is both task-driven as well as project management. There will be daily interaction with internal clients, Associates, and service partners. Key responsibilities include: Administering the Company’s compensation and retirement benefit programs; and ensuring that applicable programs are competitive within the industry To be considered a candidate an Associate must meet the minimum qualifications of the posting:
- 5-8 years progressive experience in compensation & retirement administration and HRIS systems
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources, Business Administration, or equivalent
- Extensive knowledge of federal laws and regulations regarding compensation, benefit, and retirement plans
- Must be able to work independently showing a strong level of discretion
- Demonstrated excellence in communication, customer service, and presentation skills with the ability to deal tactfully and professionally
- Ability to manage multiple projects and work under deadlines with changing priorities required
- Superior communication skills – must be able to interact with Executive Leadership
- Very strong PC skills, including PeopleSoft, Excel, Access, Word and PowerPoint required
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills required
- Prefer certification/designation in HR, compensation and or benefits management, or equivalent
- Meets requirements or better rating on last two Performance Appraisals (Minimum 2.8)
- Recommendation of immediate Supervisor based on performance in current position.
Part Time Customer Care Representative - Edison, NJ Join our Customer Care Team! We currently have openings for Part Time Customer Care Representatives in our Edison, NJ facility. Candidates must be able to demonstrate excellent customer service and computer skills, strong written and verbal communications, and thrive in a fast-paced work environment. Responsibilities include responding to an average of 50 customer phone calls per work shift, entering data into a customer contact/record system and researching product/promotional information in order to respond to customer inquiries. Satisfactory settlement of customer complaints and previous Call Center experience is highly desired. Bilingual is a plus. We offer flexible work schedules. Candidates must be available some nights until 8:00pm and weekends until 5:00pm 20-24 hours per week. Compensation is $14- $16 per hour based upon past work history. Please email your resume and contact information to: firstname.lastname@example.org and indicate “PT Customer Care Rep” in the subject line of your email. Wakefern Food Corp. is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to a diverse workforce reflecting the communities we serve. We regret that only those being considered will be contacted.